Salus Floradix Tablets 84, Iron & Vitamin Tablets - 鐵元, 84片
The original Floradix formula in a convenient tablet form with folic acid and C & B vitamins.
Floradix Tablets contain organic iron (II) from ferrous gluconate,vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. Iron contributes to normal red blood cell formation (supported by the vitamins B6 and B12) and haemoglobin formation. In addition, folate (folic acid) contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy. Furthermore, vitamin C increases iron absorption.
• contain iron from ferrous gluconate which is a particularly absorbable form.
• are easy to take and help safeguard the balance of iron, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, C and folic acid.
• contain extracts of selected herbs and rosehip.
• gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians.
• suitable for women including those planning to conceive, expectant and lactating mothers, children, adolescents, the elderly, convalescents, vegetarians and those with an active lifestyle.
Some of the symptoms of iron deficiency are:
- Fatigue and general lack of energy
- Decreased ability to concentrate
- Decreased endurance during exercise
- Increased frequency of infection
- Ridges along the fingernails
- Paleness and/or dark circles under the eyes
Iron For Life
Iron is needed daily in order for your body to grow and function and is required in varying amounts throughout the stages of your life. Research has also shown us that declining iron stores are responsible for numerous health concerns:
Decreased fertility has been linked to low iron stores.
Before and during pregnancy low iron can be responsible for improper placenta development and occurrences of pre-term and low birth weight babies.
In infants and children low iron can cause inadequate production of red blood cells needed for growth.
In toddlers and school-aged children iron deficiency can cause poor learning, memory and behavioural problems as well a developmental delays.
From the ages of around 15 to 55 the cycle of menstruation, pregnancy & lactation increases the need for iron.
In both men and women over 59 iron deficiency has become the most common deficiency due to the body's decreased ability to absorb nutrients.
Athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat & the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased endurance.
Adults and children over 12 years: 1 tablet, twice daily
Children 3 - 12 years: 1 tablet daily
TIP: It is best to take iron on an empty stomach to ensure full absorption so ideally 30 minutes before food or a couple of hours after. Avoid taking iron supplements with tea, coffee or milk as they can inhibit the absorption. Drinking orange juice or any other fruit juice together with iron supplements can actually help to increase the iron absorption due to the vitamin C content.