Running out of steam? This time tested, non-constipating and well-known liquid iron and vitamin formula helps prevent iron deficiency.
Iron deficiency is one of the most common nutrient deficiencies worldwide, because iron is difficult to get and absorb in the proper amount from the diet alone (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary). Iron is essential for hemoglobin formation and for the effective circulation of oxygen throughout the body. Without adequate levels of iron in the blood one will be left feeling tired. Women are more likely to suffer from anemia and low blood-iron because menstruation, pregnancy and breastfeeding tax their iron stores.
Vegetarians are at risk and so are those who eat little red meat because red meat is the highest dietary source of iron. Seniors often require an iron supplement due to decreased nutrient absorption.
Some of the symptoms of iron deficiency are:
• Fatigue and general lack of energy
• Decreased ability to concentrate
• Decreased endurance during exercise
• Increased frequency of infection
• Ridges along the fingernails
Paleness and/or dark circles under the eyes
Iron For Life
Iron is needed daily in order for your body to grow and function and is required in varying amounts throughout the stages of your life.
Research has also shown us that declining iron stores are responsible for numerous health concerns:
• Decreased fertility has been linked to low iron stores.
• Before and during pregnancy low iron can be responsible for improper placenta development and occurrences of pre-term and low birth weight babies.
• In infants and children low iron can cause inadequate production of red blood cells needed for growth.
• In toddlers and school-aged children iron deficiency can cause poor learning, memory and behavioural problems as well a developmental delays.
From the ages of around 15 to 55 the cycle of menstruation, pregnancy & lactation increases the need for iron.
• In both men and women over 59 iron deficiency has become the most common deficiency due to the body's decreased ability to absorb nutrients.
• Athletes and those who exercise regularly lose iron through sweat & the digestive tract, putting them at risk for deficiency and decreased endurance.
Floravital is a unique, liquid supplement, that has been formulated to be an excellent source of iron without the risk of excess iron storage. Floravital contains organic iron (II) from ferrous gluconate, vitamins B2, B6, B12 and C which contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and to normal energy-yielding metabolism. In addition, iron contributes to normal red blood cell formation, supported by vitamins B6 and B12, and haemo globin formation.
The average person's body will only dissolve and absorb 20% of most solid supplements and will eliminate the remaining 80% possibly causing side effects such as constipation, gas and bloating. Because Floradix is a liquid solution, it does not require dissolving, and can also make more contact with absorption sites therefore providing 98% absorption of the liquid itself.
Highly Absorbable Iron Compounds
Dietary iron is absorbed at an average rate of 10%, while the iron in most supplements is absorbed at rates between 2% and 10% depending on the forms of iron used. Floravital boasts the highest possible iron absorption rate of up to 25% through the use of iron gluconate and Vitamin C. This means that Floradvital is the best source of iron to help you prevent or recover from an iron deficiency.